Thursday, September 13, 2007

Soups On

I felt like a chapter out of Man, Woman, Vegetable... the other day when we had company coming, and what I thought I had in the pantry I had not. I was frantic trying to think of what we would serve our guests, while keeping with the local challenge. So with a few leeks, zucchini and pata pan squash on-hand, I got busy. I found some frozen chicken broth I had saved from a chicken I bought from some Amish folks awhile back, dug some ground beef out of the freezer that we had gotten from Dan Sommerfeld, sauteed my veggies, and threw in some fresh thyme from our CSA box. I even found a rogue potato still in our garden and some hearty tomatoes still hanging on to add to the mix. Delicious beef vegetable soup for all. For dessert: mashed apple compote from local orchard apples. The best part was knowing where every single ingredient came from. I love this month!

1 comment:

Jaszeerwpbt said...

Also, if forensic sciences interest you, you could go in for forensic nursing. The child needs occupational therapy, speech therapy, and physical therapy. A second physician on the unit took charge and carried out an emergency C-section. Moreover, you can find many Nursing Homes in Gurgaon. Certified Nursing Assistant Cna Salaries Fresno Ca